The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Post Surgery Update

Thank you to everyone for all your prayers this week and for those living at the sem, thanks for your kind offer of meals!


The surgery went well and I was discharge on Thursday as anticipated. I now have stitches around my ear from where they took tissue to graft onto the eardrum. And my ear is packed with dressing, to avoid any infections. I’m not really in any pain… it is just more awkward and uncomfortable, but I’m coping!


Next Friday, 1st June, I will be going back to have the stitches out. The week after, the dressing will be removed and then another 2 weeks after that, they will check my hearing.


In the meantime, I have to keep my ear completely dry, which means no washing my hair and I’ll be having baths for a while.


My coordination is a little off at the moment and my mobility is slow and steady, but I’m coping okay. It’s more frustrating than anything and I can’t wait to have the dressing removed!


Thank you again for all your prayers. Please continue to pray, especially for my frustration. A praise point is Vaughn, who has been and is a blessing through this all. He is very supportive and doing all he can to make me feel comfortable. Please pray for his patience when he is helpless to actually ease my frustrations (annoying for both he and I)!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Esther said...

great to see you healing! And great to have you along to our weekend of fun and games. I'm so glad you could both come!

Bless,

Rach.
xo

7:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Janelle, great to finally get the chance to have a look at your blog sight. you have been very busy such a great way to communicate with everyone. Hope you continue to heal quickly. see you at the reunion (will send the reply soon) cheers Kristy Boord (nee Batson) xoxox

9:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home