The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Thursday, August 07, 2008

A Night Out WIth Emma Dean... Or Not!

My friends and I were looking forward to a night out at a pub, to hear Emma Dean sing, just for something different! So we dolled ourselves up and my lovely husband dropped us off in the city. I jokingly said to Vaughn as we were getting out the car "I'll probably have to call you in a couple minutes because we have the wrong night"... well, we had the right night, but I did have to call him after a few minutes! The website we got the information from, advised us that it started at 8pm. We rocked up at 7:45pm and was told by the bar tender that it only started at 9pm. Correction... the first bands started at 9pm, Emma Dean didn't start until 11pm! We looked at each other and decided we didn't want to hang around that long so thought we'd find some other fun in the city...

And boy, did we find the perfect haven! "Chocolate Bean" The menu was all chocolate (including chocolate soup!). A return visit is absolutely required! We ordered a sample plate and it came with a shot of white chocolate, a shot of dark chocolate, chocolate mousse, baci cake and to top it off, a chocolate dipped strawberry... not to mention the hot chocolates we ordered!! This what we started with:

And this is how it ended up:

A picture tells a thousand words how we enjoyed that!

After that little indulgence, we headed off to the movies and saw "Female Agents" a french movie about women's roles in the french resistance of WWII. Wow, an amazing story of courage and strength. I don't know how they did it.

I'm now off to bed and hopefully my sugar high doesn't keep me awake!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad you missed the show...its incredible...Find yourself a copy of Real Life Computer Game anyway...its worth it..she plays tonight too?

7:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home