The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Finders Keepers

Have you ever read the book, 'Finders Keepers'? It's a great children's book by Emily Rodda and I'm sure everyone can relate to it! Basically, it explains why you can't find your keys where you left them and why you always seem to lose one half of a pair socks! A very quick overview is that there are holes between parallel universes. These holes pop up randomly and items we think we have lost, have just fallen through these holes. Some people in the parallel universe then have a special job of finding these objects and return them by throwing them back. Naturally, they won't always land where they came from, which is why your keys aren't where you 'swear' you left them! With regard to socks, my memory is a little sketchy as it was many years ago I read the book, but I think when the people from the parallel universe find socks, they either think they are useless, so don't bother throwing them back, or they like collecting them for themselves (but I can't remember which it is!) and that explains why you actually seem to lose socks and not find them 'relocated'! So why am I telling you all this? Because anytime I misplace something, I think of 'Finders Keepers'. Unfortunately, however, I have misplaced a number of items recently that haven't mysteriously reappeared. This could mean a number of things:

1.The people that should have throw these items back, haven't actually done so.
2.The items have been lost between the barrier of the parallel universes, which has also been known to happen in the book.
3. When the items were thrown back, they were thrown back in completely the wrong direction and are lying unaccounted for in someone's house!

The items were my favourite dangly pink earrings, a musk pink scarf which I love and some brown lip gloss which always came in handy! Murphy's Law now tells me that because I publicly mentioned my 'lost' items, I should find them shortly, which is what I am hoping for! I'm sure I've searched the house as best I can, but I'm also just as sure that I'll be looking through a cupboard in the coming days, find the items and either go "oh yeah, I forgot I put them there" or "what on earth are they doing here and what possessed me to actually put them here?"!

I'll keep you posted!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Esther said...

Hi Nell!
I know wha tyou mean... check this: http://mthanded.blogspot.com/2007/09/standard-situation.html

xo

come see our new courtesy couches soon!

7:19 pm  
Blogger Rachel Esther said...

oh, and make you sure you read the post after that!

7:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home