The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Rain

I love the sound of rain! It's a beautiful sound! Not only do we need the rain as we are in the middle of drought, but I'm a person who much prefers the cold weather over the hot weather. The sound of rain is comforting... I'm inside and cozy with the heater going and a light rain falling outside! It's a great time to curl up with a good book.

Vaughn and I didn't even let the rain discourage us from our little outing today. Admittedly, we did have to adjust our plans, but we did what we set out to do. I suggested that we walk into the city to go to the SA Art Gallery. As we are being very aware of our money spending and starting a new budget (even so far as to getting rid of our credit card... shock horror!), I thought it would be nice to go and do something that won't cost anything. The art gallery is free, which is perfect! And by walking down, it won't cost us anything, but is also good for you. Before setting out, we saw that it was raining, but decided to head out anyway... instead of walking, we took the car. We found some parking down a side street and still had to walk up the hill under umbrellas, but managed to mostly stay dry. And we only had to pay 20 cents for 3 hours of parking... so our little excursion was still practically free!

It was great walking through the art gallery, but I really only started to enjoy myself in the life paintings. I'm just not into the abstract art, I'm sorry to say! I like looking at a picture and seeing exactly what it. You can then look deeper into the picture and see a bigger story, but it's easy and straight forward! I don't really get the interpretive art... am I just not a deep thinker?! I think that shows my personality... I like straight lines and symmetry.... neatness and order! Boring? Perhaps, but that's me!

And as I finish this blog post, the rain is now coming down so hard that I can barely hear the tapping of the keys as I write. Ah, I love the rain and winter!

Thank you God for this wonderful rain... the much needed water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home