The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stocktake

So far this year we have:

- received 5 wedding invitations
- attended 4 weddings
- had 5 friends give birth
- another 2 friends currently pregnant

Whew! It's been a busy year!

We were in Melbourne this last weekend at the latest wedding of Vaughn's cousin. It was certainly a whirlwind trip, but worth it to attend the wedding and catch up with Vaughn's family.

Here are some photos of the great time we had!

Mark & Bethany's Wedding


BTW: I would not recommend travelling with Tiger Airways... our flight was delayed on the Friday, so we were late getting in, then on Sunday, our flight was also delayed by THREE hours! There were 3 other flights that also were delayed. Most scary, however, is the story that some people we were talking to told. They were meant to fly to Melbourne on Saturday morning, attend the footy and then fly home that night. Tiger rang them the day before, to advise that their flight home had been cancelled, so they had been booked on another flight. Here's the cracker... Tiger booked them on a flight, half an hour after they were due to arrive in Melbourne! Can you believe the stupidity of some people? After explaining the dilemma with that, they were then booked in to the same flight as us. That story was the clincher for Vaughn and me, deciding that we would not fly with them again. They aren't that cheap either, by the time you pay for your ticket, plus extra for checked luggage and allocated seating. And I'm not sure what the "Convenience fees" of $14.55 on our itinerary is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home