The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Sunday, February 01, 2009

A New Year : A Fresh New Start!

Although perhaps fresh isn't the right word to use... I don't feel so fresh sitting here in the heat (and it's only 7am!). I don't like the heat at the best of times, let alone in the middle of a heatwave! On the flip side, my friends and family over in the States have lots of snow at the moment and I'm very envious of the photos they have been sending!

Anyway, getting back to the actual topic at hand; I'm not really one for new year's resolutions (I gave them up a few years ago!), but I can't help thinking that this year is/will be different. Not so much resolutions, but it's a big year for us.

The main reason is that I woke up on 1 January with the thought in my head - "oh my goodness, I'm going to be a mummy this year!" Yep, you read right - I'm pregnant! Very exciting news! I am now 12 weeks along and due mid August. I've been blessed with the fact that my first trimester didn't live up to its expectations and I didn't get the traditional morning sickness. I felt queasy at certain times and didn't feel like eating constantly but that was about it. I was also quite tired at times, but I really didn't get the typical symptoms that are associated with pregnancy, so that has been lovely for me!

Another reason for a big year is that Vaughn will start Vicarage later this year (just after the baby is born!). This really is a key time for those studying for ordination at the College. Vicarage marks the downhill run to graduation/ordination and they can sink their teeth into the reality of leading a church. Vicarage is a 9 month placement, which ends in May the following year (covering all the major events of the church calendar). They then have only 6 months of further study, before graduating, being ordained and send out into ministry. Scary but very exciting!

I'm sorry that it has been a long time between blogs, but I hope to start writing again more regularly. Without meaning to, I guess I did give myself a new years resolution, which is exactly that - to keep this blog more up to date! Let's hope I keep that resolution!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're so excited for the both of you. Whilst 2009 will be big for you, it will be a very Blessed one for you.
Love Leah

3:47 pm  
Blogger Rachel Esther said...

yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay!

from rach and mara!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox!

12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home