The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Preparations Begin

I know it's still early days yet, but I've started decorating the nursery... how could I resist! Those of you that know me, I'm not a patient person and if there is something I can do, I'll be doing it. I'm not planning on doing it all in one go... even if I wanted to, I don't have the energy, not to mention the rest of the house that needs keeping clean! Anyway, I thought I'd show you my small, but exciting progress.

This is the nursery as a clean slate:


And this is after a little wall decoration:



Don't let the blue walls fool you... we don't know the sex of the baby, and are not intending to find out before they are born. As we live in an ALC provided house, the standard colour of the walls is blue. To make the room a bit more baby friendly, we purchased some fantastic removable/reusable stickers.

As you can see, we have gone with the theme of Winnie the Pooh. It's a neutral theme and easy to find things to match. I'm planning on taking the green from the paneling (if you can see it okay) and using that as part of the neutral look for any non 'Pooh' items that we purchase (except the furniture - I'm planning on having white for that!).

I hope to keep you posted on my nursery decoration progress... so keep watching!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs H said...

Humm, don't want to know the sex of the baby before THEY come, huh????

9:03 pm  
Blogger ++Anna++ said...

Oh my goodness! No WAY! Are you having twins???

Anyway, the room looks nice so far! I am going to get some removable stickers too so it will liven things up a bit as I am not painting the walls either! How exciting is it Nelle?! Babies are awesome! I think I have been the happiest now that I have ever been! Hope you are well! XOXOX

4:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home