The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Preparations Continue

Well, we are certainly closer to being ready for when Bubs comes (if you can actually ever be ready!). After a trip to Ikea and Toys 'R' Us, we now have a change table and cot. We are very much in love with both of them. The cot (from Toys) was a great find (after initial dramas with another cot we were going for). Just the shape etc is gorgeous, but it converts to a toddler bed and sofa, which is handy for the future. It also has a storage drawer at the bottom, which I'm still deciding what I'll fill it with... probably linen/blankets etc.

And the change table... very cute! We didn't find another like it, after we fell in love with this one ages ago. Again, it's handy for the future as the change table part comes off and it becomes just a standard bookcase. Versatility is good!

Even Vaughn is really excited about our purchases... both of us have confessed to going into the nursery and just staring at the items. It's still hard to believe that we have a little one on the way that will be using these!

Once we get my glider chair (don't ask about those dramas!) I know I'm going to have an addiction to going in the room, sitting in the chair and just looking... possibly falling asleep!





PS Sorry that the cot photos are portrait... I don't know why as they are landscape pictures!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Esther said...

Oh Nell - these are for your baby! I feel a bit emotional looking at these and thinking about you and your little one. You must both be all kinds of emotional! Can't wait to see it all in person with your Bub in there. I promise to do nappy duty for you for a bit! :)

7:07 pm  
Blogger ++Anna++ said...

So cute Janelle :) Luke and I are the same...we just go into the room and stare...and imagine what our lives will be like when our baby bunting arrives :) I like your teddie shelf. I want one too. x

6:10 pm  
Blogger Rachel Esther said...

and - do you know- that when i click on your name in my blog it goes to some very strange place... what's with that? I think you should fix it.

8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home