The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hello Kitty!

No, I haven't taken to the fad that swept Japan. In actual fact, Vaughn and I will be bringing home our own 'kitty' in a matter of weeks! Say hello to Nemo:
Nemo and Family
Nemo's mum is a runaway cat that adopted one of the sem residents and had four kittens in her back courtyard. The kittens are so cute and we couldn't resist adopting one for ourselves (yes, even Vaughn has fallen for the charms of the cats, hence why we are adopting Nemo... and those of you that know Vaughn, will know he was previously not a cat lover!)

Vaughn was trying to stretch his 'obsession' with Martin Luther to the kitten, by naming him 'Luther', but I have put my foot down on that! He will remain Nemo (which he was named by the household he was born in). I think it is quite fitting! Having said that, however, I am SURE I will catch Vaughn out calling him Luther when he thinks I'm not around!

On another note, I can't believe that today is my second last day at the Diocese! Wow! Time has really flown. I'm really nervous today because they are having a farewell for me at morning tea and I HATE saying goodbyes and being the focus of attention! I start my new job on Monday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Esther said...

hi Nell!
you should put more pics of nemo up now you have him. I could put up a pic of the scratch on my hand that he gave me but it wouldn't be the same!
xo

9:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home