The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Moving Out

The week we moved out of the Sem was a very surreal feeling week. Watching our house get packed up by the movers was a great feeling in that I didn't have to do it, but at the same time, because I hadn't just spent the last couple months packing myself, I didn't have that time for reality to sink in, so it was sinking in fast the week of 6th December...

It was nice experiencing the 'moving out' with other friends in the same situation as us, but it was sad when we had to say our final goodbyes. After 4 years of having these people in our lives, you can't help but grow attached to them!

One of the most saddest things for me about the actual moving out of our house was having to pull down the stickers on Amy's bedroom walls. I remember so clearly putting them up, eagerly awaiting her arrival. Although we'd only been living in #219 for 2 years, one of the biggest events of our lives happened there - we brought Amy home from the hospital into that house and became a family... but we had such an amazing journey ahead of us, so I couldn't be sad for long!

Moving Out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home