The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Monday, June 08, 2009

The Cat

With all the excitement of the baby and preparing for his/her arrival, we have had some sadness in our lives this past week. Our beloved Nemo went missing on Wednesday and we haven't seen him since. I don't think he has run away as he's too clingy to us for that, which means something more tragic has happened. It's hard to accept that he won't be coming home as we don't actually know what has happened to him. I constantly expect him to be at the door when I get home from work... hoping, but knowing I have to let go.

He'll be greatly missed, especially:

- following Vaughn around campus and meowing when he goes into class, until he comes out.
- following me across the tennis court, when I walk to the bus stop in the mornings and having to take him back home, inside, so he doesn't follow me all the way to work!
- cuddles on the couch while watching TV.
- scratching his belly, like a dog.
- sneaking cuddles under the sheets with me as I fall asleep.
- being the most beautiful natured cat I've ever know, who made everyone on campus fall in love with him, especially us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Esther said...

oh. :( I was allergic to him and I still liked him! I hope you don't feel to sad. And I hope that maybe he's just gone on an extended journey and will come back one day. xo

8:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home