The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Prodical Son

The prodical son (cat i.e. Nemo) has returned! He came home at about 1:30am last night/this morning. I don't know where he has been or what he has been doing... I just know he is home! I'm still in shock!

He's very clingy (even more so than before) and is more interested in being near Vaughn or me than he is eating, even though he is still very hungry. It will be interesting to see how he is when Vaughn has to go to classes.

He went missing last Wednesday during the day, when he didn't come home for a snack, whinging at the door every couple of minutes... now a week later, when I had finally started to come around to the "fact" that he wasn't coming home, Vaughn walks into the bedroom at 1:30am holding Nemo. Obviously it took me a couple of seconds to really register, but I jumped out of bed quick smart to go cuddle!


He's curled up in a tiny ball on the futon here in the study now... I think he will be sleeping off his adventure for a little while, in between getting as many cuddles as he can and eating.

I know he's "only" a pet, but thank you for everyone's kind thoughts and prayers over the past week... he certainly has our hearts!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Esther said...

hooray!!! & Praise God! what an adventurous kitty to go on a holiday by himself for a week! I'm glad he came back. I don't think you were silly for being worried at all.

Welcome home Nemo - you were lost but now are found!!!

7:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home