The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

3 Weeks Old Today!

It's hard to believe that we now have a 3 week old daughter! The time has passed so quickly and we have had our ups and downs over that time. It has obviously been a learning curve for Vaughn and me and of course, it will continue to be so. No matter what, however, she will remain our little angel!

I neglected to mention in an earlier post, the origin of her name, so here it is:

Amy: Doesn't have a special significance. It was just a pretty name that Vaughn and I both liked. I think it fits her very well, as she is a pretty little girl (we aren't bias in any way, of course!)

Ellen: Named after my mum's sister in the states, as well as their mom. I liked the idea of Ellen being a family name, but it skipped my generation. I was going to be named Ellen, but after deliberations, Ellen was dropped for Janelle Renay (there's a story behind it, but that's for another day!). However, I like to think that Amy Ellen is a fourth generation Ellen as "Nelle", a common nickname for me, is actually "Ellen" spelt backwards! How's that for spooky!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Esther said...

Amy Grant. It was subconscious. 'Nuff said! :)

Can't wait for cuddles!

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home