The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Vicarage

I obviously haven't updated the blog for a while... sorry! There are a few things to update you on, so I thought I should do separate headings instead of lumping it all in together.

First update... Vaughn is now on his "Vicarage". This is like a church placement for 9 months, where he will be working full time in a church setting and won't be attending any classes. He has been assigned to Mount Barker, which is a beautiful spot in the Adelaide Hills. Unfortunately it's a fair drive each day for him (about 35 or so minutes), but he loves his Vicar Father (the pastor of the church) and he really enjoys the hands on experience as opposed to studying books/theory, so the drive doesn't seem as bad. It's against all the peak hour traffic as well, or else that would have added so much more time to the drive.

The congregation are so lovely and have welcomed us with open arms. We both feel very loved there.

Vaughn started his placement on 24 August, was installed on 30 August and will be there until May 2010.

It is still under construction, but here is the link to their website, so you can see a little bit more about the church: http://www.stmarksmtbarker.org.au/.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home