The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Random Amy

No, Amy's not random, but this blog entry is random things of Amy... could also be called "Gloating Parent"!

I got very excited a few days ago, because Amy nearly rolled over (tummy to back). My excitement then mounted when Vaughn told me last night that she actually achieved the roll over! I missed it, but am so very proud of her. She has very strong neck muscles as well... she can hold her head up and support herself very well. And I am very sure that she smiled at me the other day and has randomly since. "If your baby's smile is in response to yours, and she is looking at you, it is not 'wind', however young she is." (quote from a parenting magazine published by Children's & Youth Health Services), so I'm convinced! Apparently my younger brother smiled when he was quite young as well, so more evidence that I did witness a smile!

If you click on the first picture below, it will take you to some more photos of Amy uploaded to our web album, but following that, there are some other pictures with explanation:

Amy Ellen - Random

My little darling is losing her hair. She was born with a full head of dark hair, just like me. However, unlike me, she is not keeping her hair. She doesn't have 'cradle cap', but instead lost a lot of the hair on the front of her head, after Vaughn bathed her a couple nights back. I was quite shocked when I saw how much she had lost! I now affectionately call her my little "Ron Howard"! She still has all her hair at the back of her head - it hasn't been rubbing off as she sleeps in her bassinet, hence why she looks like Ron Howard (she doesn't really, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw her after she lost her first bit of hair!).


Sorry that this photo is sideways... the computer randomly decides which photos to put portrait and landscape, no matter how I save it! Anyway, I could take a million pictures of her when she sleeps. She is just so beautiful and peaceful and adorable and... so many other adjectives! I have to use all my will power not to pick her up and cuddle her and smother her with kisses when she looks like this! Vaughn has the same problem! I love that this particular photo captured her with a slight smile on her lips... I know this isn't actually a smile, like I was talking about above, but it's cute all the same!


Okay, well I guess that's enough gloating for the moment... I'm sorry that I've turned into one of those parents who think that everything their child does is just amazing and feels they have to share it with everyone... I hope it doesn't bother you too much and you can find some enjoyment in my gloating of my wonderful, amazing, angelic daugher, Amy! :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Esther said...

it doesn't bother me at! I think it's wonderful. I'm very excited to meet her soon!

5:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home