The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Life After Cyclone Yasi

What an introduction and welcome to Cairns - watching in anticipation as Cyclone Yasi became a CAT 5 and seeing whether it would hit Cairns or not. Thankfully it didn't hit us with the full force, so we escaped unscathed. There was no damage done anywhere - vegetation was the only casualty and we woke up to debris in the street and yard; an easy clean up job. During the night, while Yasi hit the coastline, we had many people praying for us so it was a lovely feeling to help get us through the night.

The next day, we experienced our first real downpour since arriving in Cairns, which turned our street into a river. It was actually really lovely and it's rained almost every day since (our first week in Cairns was uncommonly dry with very little rain, which was quite unexpected).

A few days after the cyclone, both Vaughn's and my parents arrived for a visit and to see Vaughn's installation. Thankfully the night before their arrival, our power (which had been lost in the early hours of the morning, after Yasi had passed) was reconnected.

My parents left today and Vaughn's parents are still here for another week.

Life in Cairns

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home