The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Precious Time in the USA

Our large group (Vaughn, me & Amy; Mum & Dad; Phil & Ben; Ben's girlfriend) all flew to the States for a lovely family reunion with my aunty and her kids. We had such a wonderful time and Amy loved meeting her American family. On the way over, she slept for about 5 hours total, which we thought was pretty good... until she slept for 10.5 hours on the way back! So, conclusion: Amy loves flying!

So, the main highlights of our trip over there (apart from the obvious of spending time with my family!) were:

- the lovely tea house we stayed in, in Brazeau (a very small, very old town about 1 hour 40 minutes south of St Louis).
- Deep fried turkey for Christmas day lunch - yum! (And contrary to what you may think, it actually is healthy!)
- Going to my first NFL game - I fell in love... it was a fantastic match and I enjoyed watching it very much!
- Visiting Concordia Publishing House (Vaughn was like a kid in a candy shop!)
- Staying in a beautiful Bed & Breakfast in Denver (Manitou Springs)
- Seeing a van with "Mr Rooter Plumbing" advertised on it... with a huge cartoon face with a wink on it. Hmm... In Australia, that has such a different meaning altogether! (see photo in album).

It was very hard to say goodbye to family, but Vaughn and I were also very keen to get back to Australia, to complete our count down to moving to Cairns, so quite bitter sweet.
US Trip 2010-2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home