The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Moving In

After what seemed like a very long count down, the big day arrived when we flew to Cairns! We stayed the night in a hotel and the next morning, the removalists arrived to deliver our furniture etc. I'm sure you can imagine how excited we were! It was so nice to finally move into our 'own' place and make it home.

We've now been here for over 2 weeks and we feel very settled... that time has really flown! We love the house and the area we live in is beautiful. Our neighbours are lovely and it's a very friendly street.

Both churches (Cairns & Atherton) are lovely (Atherton is a lot older, but it has it's own charm!) and the people that I've met so far have been very welcoming, which is certainly a big help when moving to a place where you don't know anyone!

I'm looking forward to getting into a routine and start looking for activities for Amy and me to do, similar to when we were in Adelaide (library activities, swimming lessons, market shopping etc).
Cairns - Moving In

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home