The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Washing Day

Ironically, now that Autumn is here (and Winter on its way), I'm finally able to use the washing line out the back. Our first week here in Cairns, I put washing on the line because it was such a lovely day. Big mistake... this is Cairns and in Summer, it's the wet season. It's called the wet season for a reason... because it's wet! Funny about that! Suffice to say, the lovely day, although still lovely later on, became a lovely wet day, so my clothes didn't dry and got even wetter! From then on, I've just used the dryer. I couldn't bear to try using the line again, when I thought it would stay fine, only to discover that it rained.

So, I've risked it today - it's just gorgeous outside! And with the end of the wet season and the beginning of dry season just around the corner, it's a much better risk I'm willing to take! It's so nice to see the clothes outside getting air dried for a change! Obviously much better for the environment, for the clothes and for our bank balance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home