The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

I Know I'm a Local Because...

6. We've experienced our first cyclone.

5. When I sweat, it doesn't bother me half as much as it used to.

4. I can drive to quite a few places now without needing the GPS.

3. I walk around the house barefoot most of the time.

2. I don't think I've worn closed toe shoes since we arrived!


and the number 1 reason why I know I'm a local?


1. A luke warm shower is too hot in the mornings, so a nice cool one is refreshing and comfortable!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I especially like that you walk around bare foot..do you leave your shoes at the front door when you go to other peoples houses? ;) number one is a classic too! you're turning into a QLDer! (and that's meant to be a compliment!) xx

6:20 pm  
Blogger Nell said...

LOL... we've only been to 2 people's houses so far ( :o( ) and both times were outside and at night, so shoes remained on. Actually, we were at someone's house for playgroup last week and come to think of it, shoes came off! :o)

9:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home