The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Not So Little, Amy!

My little girl is growing up very quickly! At 3 months of age (!!) and 6kg, she is about to start the next size up in nappies, called "Crawler"! She's now 61.5cm long (she was 49.5cm when she was born!). Some highlights of our little angel:

- She now smiles all the time and gives us the biggest, most heart-melting smiles when she sees us!
- She learned quite early to roll from her tummy to her back and she has now mastered the reverse already.
- She has already out-grown her bassinet and now sleeps in the cot.
- Just this morning I heard a hint of her laugh. I hadn't realised until then that she hadn't been laughing! She's always cooed and ahhed when she was happy, but it wasn't actually a laugh. I can't wait to hear it actually develop!
- We have many wonderful conversations with Amy now. Of course, we can't understand each other, but she mimics me and I her and she responds when you talk to her. When she turns 4 months old, I will start using some basic sign language with her, so it will be wonderful when she can start to communicate in that way.

I think that's all her main accomplishments for the moment, so I'll stop gloating and give you the link to some more photos:

Amy Ellen - More Random

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home