The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Reborn

Sorry that once again I have been silent on my blog page. I always had good intentions of keeping it updated, but that falls by the way-side each day!

We were very excited to celebrate the rebirth of Amy through the waters of Baptism on 27th September at St Mark's Lutheran Church, Mt Barker (where Vaughn is doing his Vicarage). It was a beautiful day and it was wonderful to see Amy become a part of God's family.

Some very good friends of ours, Bec and Michael, accepted our invitation to be Amy's godparents, so they flew over from Melbourne. It was great to see them, even for a short, busy time while they were here. We also had my Aunty (Ellen, Amy's namesake) fly over from the USA, just to witness the special occasion. She stayed for a week, so we got to spend some quality time with her.

It was definitely a busy time for us over the weekend of the baptism, as Vaughn's parents drove over from Melbourne with their caravan, my parents drove from Hamilton and my brothers flew from Melbourne. People everywhere, but I loved it!

Click on the album below to take you to some photos of the day:

Amy's Baptism

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home