The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Travels with my Aunt

While my Aunty was here in Australia, we kept very busy (perhaps too busy), but it was so very wonderful to spend time with her, and for her to be able to spend time with us, especially Amy, during the precious first few weeks of her life.

One of the places we went to was the Cleland Wildlife park. My godmother, Judy, also joined us on the gorgeous day (the weather was perfect and Amy was a little angel the whole day... I had my first 'public' feeding sitting on the grass in the park!). I think the highlight of the day, was the photo with Clover, the koala. Click on the photo to take you to the web album for more photos.

Cleland Park


We also met Vaughn for lunch at Hahndorf another day. Hahndorf is a German settlement (aparently the most visited town in South Australia), which is located in the Adelaide Hills, near where Vaughn is doing his Vicarage. Another nice day, where we also met Vaughn's parents and strolled around the town.

The next day we drove out to Maggie Beer, which is a quaint little restaurant type establishment. Maggie, until very recently, had her own cooking show called "The Cook and the Chef", and the studio is out where we visited. We were able to sit down and sample some of her delicious food. Well worth the effort to drive out to Nurioopta, in the Barossa Valley.

Maggie Beer's


On Friday, we visited Ikea for lunch, and of course, as per any Ikea visit, didn't walk away empty handed!

Unfortunately the next day, we had to say goodbye to Aunty Ellen as she headed back to the States. She hopes to return next year for Vaughn's ordination, so that's something to look forward to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home