The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Obviously Not Your First

Normally Vaughn fills my car with petrol as it's easier than me trying to do it with Amy. However, yesterday I needed to as I knew I wouldn't make it to my friend's and back without stopping at the servo. I filled up while leaving Amy in the car, but when it came time to pay, I took her out... it increased my time there (i.e. not a quick in and out to pay) but here are my reasons for not leaving her in the car:

- on a hot day, it doesn't take long for babies to suffocate and pass away
- someone could steal the car, and Amy would then be kidnapped, intended or not (I've heard a number of cases like this in the news in the last few months)
- an emergency could arise in the short time that I'm in paying (in a volatile place with petrol, it could happen, well has the potential to happen)
- if I lock the car, with all the electronics that are involved in car manufacturing these days, I may not be able to get the car unlocked and have to call the auto club for assistance... therefore see point one

However, that's not why I decided to blog today. The reason I'm blogging is to tell you about the conversation I had with the lovely service station attendant. While my credit card was been processed:

Attendant: So, obviously not your first?
Me: Sorry?
Attendant: She's [Amy's] not your first child?
Me: Why would you say that?
Attendant: Because you look like you know what you are doing.
Me: No, she's my first, so thank you!

Wow! After pleasantries of goodbyes, I walked back to my car, so chuffed and proud! I know it was something very little, but that guy made my day. Seriously, who wouldn't love being called a good mum and by a stranger who really didn't have to say anything!

Thank you service station attendant!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Esther said...

Go Nell! We always knew you'd make a great mum!!

Be sure to read my post about car safety today...!

love to Amy, the lucky girl with the good mummy!

10:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home