The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Present!

So, where are we at now in our busy lives? Here's an overview:

me - still on maternity leave and loving motherhood. I'm a little more tired than usual as Amy hasn't been sleeping well, but overall, I'm great! I've just recently become an Avon Representitive. I don't have high expectations of making lots of money... I just felt like doing it as a hobby and to get some cheap products. I can't believe how busy my life has become - who has time for work!? I'm still heavily involved in "Sem Wives" and am trying to get some procedures sorted out so that when we leave next year, people know what's going on and don't have to re-invent the wheel, which tends to happen each year. I try and get to mother's group each week and take Amy to "Baby Bop" and swimming lessons once a week, so you can see how my weeks fill up!

Vaughn - still on Vicarage and loving it. He's over half way through now, which is amazing! We are in the middle of Lent, so a busy time for him. Vicarage finishes in May and it will then be back to study for 2 trimesters. God Willing, he'll graduate at the end of November and then ordained at the beginning of December. In the meantime, we will hopefully find out where we are being placed for next year in October or November. We can't wait!

Amy - our gorgeous little bundle of joy, although little may not be quite the word to use anymore! She is getting quite big! At her 6 month check up/immunisations, she was 7.3kg. She is quite mobile now - she hasn't started crawling on her hands and knees, but she's taught herself to commando crawl and she can move! She's recently started to sit upright properly, without toppling over straight away. Amy is now on 2 solid feeds a day, after her milk feeds and she loves the solids! We are slowly working through new foods, some she likes more than others, but it seems pears are her favourite! She hasn't been sleeping as well as she previously did... we think she is teething, which really bothers her at night, but you don't really know until a tooth pops through! We keep checking, but nothing yet... I'm sure it's not too long now, but we'll just have to wait and see!

And I think that brings us fully up to date! As always, I hope I can now keep this current, but we'll see how we go! Thanks for your patience!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Esther said...

Lovely to see you flourishing so beautifully! xx

10:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home