The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

A Hat



Why was I so excited to find this gorgeous looking hat lying on the ground on the way home from our walk into the city? Because Amy, 4 hours before, had flung it on the ground without me realising! I only noticed when we were at the Central Markets and was devastated as a close friend of ours had knitted this beanie for Amy when she was born!

I retraced our steps (including the Clinique counter in Myer, where I was collecting my free gift - bonus!), losing hope with each stride of ever finding it, and was so thankful I found it lying on the path just out of the city, over the bridge.

We have so many people comment how cute she looks in it, it keeps her head toasty and warm and it was hand made with love, so of course it's very special to us.

Thank you to all the people who walked past it and left it on the ground for us to find! :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Esther said...

Oh yay! So glad ou found it! And glad you love it so much to hunt for it :) have you got a pic with Miss Amy wearing it? Would love to see! xx

8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home