The Springs

Welcome to Vaughn and Nell's website, updating you on our lives! Thanks for visiting and we hope you enjoy catching up on what we're up to!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I’m proudly a full-time Mummy, looking after our beautiful daughter (nicknamed “Little Spring” in my blog) and a full time wife to a wonderful Lutheran pastor (“nicknamed “Big Spring” in my blog). I was born and have lived in Australia my whole life, but I also have a US passport and a passion for all things American… especially food and my family!

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

My Amy's Room

As I was feeding Amy in her room recently, I was looking around and thinking how much I love her room. Aside from the fact that it's her room and we have a beautiful daughter to fill it, here are a couple of other reasons why I love it:


I decorated these letters myself, after getting the idea from a friend. These now hang on her door.


All of Amy's books - some are gifts given to her for her birth/baptism and some are a collection of books I had when I was a little girl - a mixture of old and new - I love it!


Thanks to the generosity of friends and family, I haven't had to buy any clothes for Amy since before she was born and won't have to until she is 1 or so. I'm actually jealous of all her clothes - she has so many that I can barely rotate them enough so she can wear them before she grows out of them!


Amy's first pair of shoes/crocs! Amy's cousin saw them and asked her mum to buy them for her, even though they are still a little big for Amy to be wearing yet. They are so adorable and gorgeous!


Amy's bassinett is now full of all her teddies. The ones on the left are a collection of Vaughn's and my old teddies and the ones on the right are gifts for Amy... and this isn't even exhaustive... there are other teddies/plush toys around the house that Amy plays with! So cute!

And that's what was running through my head when I was feeding Amy! I thought I'd share!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Esther said...

Nell! You made her name! It's gorgeous. You did a fantastic job. And on the rest of the room too. You are a very clever lady. xx

8:18 am  
Blogger Nell said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Rach! I love the letters! I finally put them up the other day after finishing them a couple months back!

8:23 am  
Blogger Mrs H said...

Is the photo of Amy's books upside down or is it just me, the old nana!

2:33 pm  
Blogger Nell said...

It's actually sideways... silly Blog does that to my photos randomly and I don't know how to fix it!

3:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home